What a week! Too much celebrating, and too little paying attention to the ridiculous amounts of food I almost literally inhaled over the Eid holidays.
I spent most of the weekend recovering from it all, and then I took to my treadmill after days of ignoring it, and when I was done my treadmill was all “WTF did you do, bitch? Swallow, six whales in three days?” And, I was like “Do you know how much fun it is being a religious minority in this country during this particular Islamic calendar season? Do you even know what Sheer Khurma means to me, you muscle battering dolt?” And, the huz who was passing by was all “Why are you arguing with the treadmill again?”
So, I huffed off for a shower, and now I’m blogging (not in the shower).
But, really… Sheer!!
It was a great holiday, and the run-up to it was pretty good too. I indulged in way too many Sehris and Iftars, which totally messed with my sleep patterns and re-ignited my insomnia. There were also threats of indigestion because some items were consumed like chips almost daily.
But, it was so worth it, and I still have boxes of these left over to sink my teeth into with some nice hot chai.
I hope those who celebrated Eid had a good one, and if you missed out then there’s always next year.
I’m a little short on time right now, and also have other stuff to finish writing before I update. So, here’s an end of the week round-up of stuff you didn’t ask me to tell you, but I will anyway.
– There are new things to read on our blog.
– A bunch of new readers joined us in The Lounge this week, and are thankfully NOT hating our works of fiction. So, if you also wanna come hang with all of us there… read more posts out here, comment often, and keep a look out for an email from us.
– I figured DW needed some more venturing into social media… so I took like one ENTIRE baby step forward with that fabulous idea!!!
– Then, I read some things on the internet and went all…
– Also, here’s some stuff I added to my wish list during those times I faked writing chapters, but was really just online window shopping.
Hope you all are having a nice, easy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by.